WI Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)
From October 1 - May 15, you can apply for energy assistance
How to Apply
Households must complete a Home Energy Plus application. There are three options available to apply:
By Phone: Please call Washburn County Human Services at (715) 468-4747 and request a telephone appointment.
By Mail/Email: Please call Washburn County Human Services at (715) 468-4747 or email us at WHEAP@co.washburn.wi.us and request a paper application.
Apply Online: Please visit https://energybenefit.wi.gov to apply online.
All form of application must include the following verifications:
- Social Security numbers and birthdates for ALL household members.
- Yearly total of heating and electric costs along with recent account information. You can obtain this information from your vendors.
- If you have not lived at your current address for a full year, please provide your most recent heat and electric bill
- If your heat is included in your rent or paid directly to your landlord, it is required that we see a copy of your lease agreement or a statement from your landlord, complete with the landlords’ name, address and phone number.
- Applicants must provide proof of income for everyone in the household for one (1) month prior to the application month. For example, if you are applying in the month of October, we will need all income received in the month of September Remember income is counted for the month in which you RECEIVED it, not in which you EARNED it. Any income received must be within the one (1) month test period.
- To verify Social Security Income you must provide either an award letter or 1099 statement.
- If you are Self Employed you will need to provide your most recent FEDERAL tax return, including ALL Schedules with your application.
WHEAP Program Descriptions
WHEAP provides assistance for electric costs, heating costs and energy crisis situations. WHEAP provides assistance to households across the state to help lower the burden of monthly energy costs.
- WHEAP Heating Assistance is a one-time benefit payment for each heating season (October 1 through May 15), WHEAP is intended to help you pay a portion of your heating costs. It is not intended to cover the entire annual cost of heating your home.
- Electric Assistance (non-heating) assistance is a one-time benefit (October 1 through May 15), which pays for a portion of your electrical (non-heating) costs. It is not intended to cover the entire annual cost of the non-heating costs.
- Crisis Assistance. If you have no heat; if you have received a disconnect notice from your heating vendor; or if you are nearly out of heating fuel and do not have any way to pay for heating needs, you may be eligible for Crisis Assistance. WHEAP Crisis Assistance provides both Emergency Services and Proactive Services.
- Furnace Assistance can provide eligible home owners if the furnace or boiler stops working during the heating season. Assistance can include: payments for repairs, or in some situation your residence may qualify for a total replacement of a non-operating furnace or boiler.
**If you experience an emergency:
During regular business hours of M-F 8:00 am-4; 30 pm please contact Human Services at 715-468-4747
Outside of normal business hours please call the Washburn County Sheriff's Dept. at 715-468-4700.
- Emergency Services may help you during the heating season by:
- Purchasing heating fuel, or
- Providing a warm place for you to stay for a few days, or
- Provides furnace/boiler repair or replacement to eligible homeowners, or
- Other actions that will help you in a heating emergency
- Providing training and information on how to reduce your fuel costs, or
- Counseling you on budgets and money management, or
- Providing payments to your fuel supplier when you agree to a co-payment, or
- Other actions to help you avoid future emergencies.
Read more at Wisconsin Home Energy... www.homeenergyplus.wi.gov