Register of Deeds
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For in person business, please call ahead
Register of Deeds:
Renee M. Bell
The Register of Deeds handles the recording of deeds, mortgages, tax liens, old age assistance liens, articles of incorporation, plats, and other real estate transactions. To be binding upon all parties, these documents must be recorded in the Office of the Register of Deeds. Financing Statements, Security Agreements, Bills of Sale and Vital Statistics records; such as births, deaths, marriages and Veteran's Discharge Papers are also filed in this office.
Information & Services
Documents recorded until 4:00 same day, after 4:00 will be dated next day with time of 8:00 a.m.
***For Tax bill questions, please contact the Washburn County Treasurer
Applications are available for mailing by visiting www.co.washburn.wi.us, calling our office at 715-468-4616 or emailing email@example.com Birth, Death & Marriage Fees are $20 for the 1st copy and $3 for each additional copy at time of application. A money order or personal check payable to "Register of Deeds" is required. Credit Card payment is not available at this time.
- Birth Certificate Application (pdf)
- Death Certificate Application (pdf)
- Marriage Certificate Application (pdf)
- Divorce Certificate Application (pdf)
Order Online by Credit Card
The Washburn County Register of Deeds does not accept credit cards or online orders; however, for your convenience, online requests are available through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide this service; VitalChek Network Inc. VitalChek can be reached through its website www.vitalchek.com. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted.
Real Estate Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Real Estate Fee Schedule
- Preparation Checklist for Documents to be Recorded (please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
- Fee Schedule (please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
- Standard Document Format
- Real Estate Document Forms-WRDA Website (please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue Real Estate Transfer Fee Return (eRETRN)
- Land Records Information/PIN number located here use 24 digit PIN on Recordings
- CSM (Certified Survey Map) reference, Document #, CSM #, Volume & Page (Updated 10/06/2021)
Online AccessLandShark (please use Internet Explorer) is for online access of Real Estate Records.
Color Tract Index link to view images/pages from our tract books were discontinued effective July 1, 2010 ending with Document #343259, records forward tract in LandLink. (If printing, please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
Grantor/Grantee Index files (Downloads-PDFs)
Electronic Recording is for electronically recording documents via the Internet