Register of Deeds
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Genealogy Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Register of Deeds:
Deputy Register of Deeds:
The Register of Deeds handles the recording of deeds, mortgages, tax liens, old age assistance liens, articles of incorporation, plats, and other real estate transactions. To be binding upon all parties, these documents must be recorded in the Office of the Register of Deeds. Financing Statements, Security Agreements, Bills of Sale and Vital Statistics records; such as births, deaths, marriages and Veteran's Discharge Papers are also filed in this office.
Information & Services
Documents recorded until 4:00 same day, after 4:00 will be dated next day with time of 8:00 a.m.
***For Tax bill questions, please contact the Washburn County Treasurer
Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Divorce & Death forms)
Applications are available for mailing by visiting www.co.washburn.wi.us, calling our office at 715-468-4616 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Birth, Death & Marriage Fees are $20 for the 1st copy and $3 for each additional copy at time of application. A money order or personal check payable to "Register of Deeds" is required. Credit Card payment is not available at this time.
- Birth Certificate Application (pdf)
- Death Certificate Application (pdf)
- Marriage Certificate Application (pdf)
- Divorce Certificate Application (pdf)
Order Online by Credit Card
The Washburn County Register of Deeds does not accept credit cards or online orders; however, for your convenience, online requests are available through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide this service; Official Records Online (ORO) can be reached through its website www.officialrecordsonline.com. An additional fee is charged by Official Records Online (ORO) for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted.
Record a Real Estate Document
The Register of Deeds office does not provide services for Real Estate searches or offer legal advice on how to draft documents.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Land Records Information (use 24 digit PIN on Recordings)
- CSM (Certified Survey Map) Reference List, Document #, CSM #, Volume & Page (Updated 08/15/2023) In 2017, ACT 102 requires all parts of a CSM to be included in the legal description – Volume, Page, Map Number, and Document, if applicable.
- Plat Reference List
- Preparation Checklist for Documents to be Recorded (please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
- Fee Schedule (please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
- Standard Document Format
- Real Estate Document Forms-WRDA Website (please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue Real Estate Transfer Fee Return (eRETRN)
Online AccessLaredo Anywhere – User Login Required
Tapestry – One-Time General Search
Color Tract Index link to view images/pages from our tract books were discontinued effective July 1, 2010 ending with Document #343259, records forward tract in LandLink. (If printing, please use Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser)
Grantor/Grantee Index files (Downloads-PDFs)
E-Recording Companies is for electronically recording documents via the Internet