Procedure for Applying for a Driveway Permit

This only allows you to cross the County Right-of-Way. You need a permit from the Zoning Department to construct the driveway to specifications beyond the highway right-of-way.

  1. Obtain and complete a Driveway Permit Application form, providing all requested information including phone number. Forms are available from the office or from the link below.

    Drainage structure (i.e. culvert pipe) size will be determined by Washburn county Highway Department Personnel.

  2. Attach page from Plat Book with location of property highlighted.
  3. Place a stake marked "Driveway" at the requested location.

    Highway Department Personnel will review the information and conduct a site visit. You will be notified with the results.

Download driveway permit here

Download driveway permit policy & instructions here