Economic Support & Wisconsin Works (W-2) Units

1 (888) 283-0012
Fax: (715) 468-4753
FAX Verifications to CDPU: (855) 293-1822

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Current News

Information & Services

Services Provided

Food Share: Maintain a healthy diet!

Supplement your food budget. You may qualify for Food Share to provide assistance in purchasing food for good nutrition. Participation in employment programs may be required.

Read more on Wisconsin FoodShare...

Non-discrimination statement

To apply online visit:

 Back to list

Medicaid: Health Care Coverage

You may qualify for Medicaid if you meet the financial eligibility requirements and are in one of the following categories:

  • Age 65 or older
  • Blind or disabled.

Read more on Medicaid...

To apply online visit:

 Back to list

Badger Care Plus

BadgerCare is a Medicaid program to provide health care coverage for uninsured and low-income families. By insuring both children and their parents, BadgerCare Plus makes it easier for parents to create a happy and healthy family life.

To be Eligible:

  • You must have children under age 19 living with you.
  • Your income must be within the guideline limits.
  • There is no limit on assets.
  • You must not be covered by health insurance.
  • Some families will need to pay a premium.

Read more on BadgerCare Plus...

To apply online visit:

 Back to list 

Medicaid Purchase Plan (MAPP)

The Medicaid Purchase Plan offers people with disabilities who are working or interested in working the opportunity to buy health care coverage through the Wisconsin Medicaid Program.

The goals of MAPP are to:

  • Encourage people with disabilities to earn more income without risking loss of health and long-term care coverage.
  • Allow people with disabilities to save more towards retirement or home ownership.
  • Increase the ability of people with disabilities to purchase and receive services that enhance independence.

Read more on the Medicaid Purchase Plan…

 Back to list

Child Care

Do you need child care in order to work?

You may qualify for childcare funding if your children are with a licensed or certified provider and you meet the income requirements. Give your child quality care! Contact Washburn County at 1-888-814-5330.

  • Provider Certification: Contact Washburn County at 715-468-4747.
  • Authorizations and payments: Contact Washburn County at 715-468-4747

 Back to list 

Wisconsin Works (W-2): NEED HELP?

The mission of W-2 is to help people get jobs and to advance in the workforce.

Temporary financial aid or case management assistance may be available to help your family through a crisis. Participation in job programs is required to help you achieve financial independence.
Contact Workforce Resource at 1-855-792-5439.

 Back to list 

Washburn County Housing

Name Phone Number Location
Acorn Apartments 715-236-2366 Minong
Birch Haven Manor 715-635-2321 Birchwood
Edgewood Apts 715-635-2321 Minong
Evergreen Apts 715-236-2366 Shell Lake
Hilltop Manor 715-246-5774 Spooner
Hometown Village 715-466-2255 Minong
Lakeland Manor 715-465-2730 Shell Lake
The Pines Apts 715-635-4644 Spooner
Rural Housing Authority 1-608-238-3448 FAX: 608-238-2084
Shell Lake Housing Auth. 715-468-2730  
Shell Lake Shores 715-468-4493 Shell Lake
Spooner Housing Auth. 715-635-2808  
West Side Manor 715-635-2321 Shell Lake
Washburn County Housing Auth 715-635-2321  

 Back to list