Register of Deeds
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Register of Deeds:
Renee M. Bell
The Register of Deeds handles the recording of deeds, mortgages, tax liens, old age assistance liens, articles of incorporation, plats, and other real estate transactions. To be binding upon all parties, these documents must be recorded in the Office of the Register of Deeds. Financing Statements, Security Agreements, Bills of Sale and Vital Statistics records; such as births, deaths, marriages and Veteran's Discharge Papers are also filed in this office.
Information & Services
Documents recorded until 4:00 same day, after 4:00 will be dated next day with time of 8:00 a.m.
***For Tax bill questions, please contact the Washburn County Treasurer
Certified copies of vital records can be obtained from our office in-person or by mail. Birth, Death & Marriage Fees are $20 for the 1st copy and $3 for each additional copy at time of application. A money order or personal check payable to "Register of Deeds" is required. Credit Card payment is not available at this time.
- Birth Certificate Application (pdf)
(Note: If born in Wisconsin you can obtain your birth certificate in any Wisconsin Register of Deeds Office)
- Death Certificate Application (pdf)
- Marriage Certificate Application (pdf)
- Divorce Certificate Application (pdf)
Real Estate Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Real Estate Fee Schedule
- Preparation Checklist for Documents to be Recorded
- Fee Schedule
- Standard Document Format
- Real Estate Document Forms-Chicago Title
- Additional Forms
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue Real Estate Transfer Fee Return (eRETRN)
- Additional Forms
- Land Records Information/PIN number located here use 24 digit PIN on Recordings
- CSM (Certified Survey Map) reference, Document #, CSM #, Volume & Page
Online AccessLandShark is for online access of Real Estate Records.
Color Tract Index link to view images/pages from our tract books.
Electronic Recording is for electronically recording documents via the Internet