Register of Deeds
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Acting Register of Deeds:
Renee M. Bell, Deputy
The Register of Deeds handles the recording of deeds, mortgages, tax liens, old age assistance liens, articles of incorporation, plats, and other real estate transactions. To be binding upon all parties, these documents must be recorded in the Office of the Register of Deeds. Financing Statements, Security Agreements, Bills of Sale and Vital Statistics records; such as births, deaths, marriages and Veteran's Discharge Papers are also filed in this office.
Information & Services
Documents recorded until 4:00 same day, after 4:00 will be dated next day with time of 8:00 a.m.
Certified copies of vital records can be obtained from our office in-person or by mail. Birth, Death & Marriage Fees are $20 for the 1st copy and $3 for each additional copy at time of application.
- Birth Certificate Application (pdf)
- Death Certificate Application (pdf)
- Marriage Certificate Application (pdf)
Real Estate Links
- Real Estate Fee Schedule
- Preparation Checklist for Documents to be Recorded
- Fee Schedule
- Standard Document Format
- Real Estate Document Forms-Chicago Title
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue Real Estate Transfer Fee Return (eRETRN)
- Additional Forms
- Land Records Information/PIN number located here use 24 digit PIN on Recordings
- CSM (Certified Survey Map) reference, Document #, CSM #, Volume & Page