Guidance for Cloth Face Coverings
Guidance for Washburn County Residents on CDC Cloth Face Covering Recommendations - 04/04/2020 News Release
- The general public should not use surgical masks or N95s. These supplies must be reserved for health care workers and first responders working with confirmed or potential COVID-19 cases.
- Cloth face coverings are not considered Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and should not be used as PPE by health care workers.
- Cloth face coverings are meant to create a barrier between your nose/mouth and the air to prevent you from unkowingly spreading the virus through respiratory droplets. These may help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- You should not touch the cloth face covering while wearing to prevent contamination.
- Cloth face coverings should not be worn by: young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Cloth Face Coverings in Schools: What Families Need to Know - Department of Public Instruction, 07/06/2020
WCHD COVID-19 Advisory #4: Face Coverings - 07/16/2020
Resource for Reusable Masks