Washburn County Services Center Building Project
Big changes are happening in Shell Lake this summer and fall! Plans are in the works to construct a new government building that will house the following departments: Health and Human Services, Unit on Aging/ADRC, UW-Extension, Veterans Service. This building will be called the Washburn County Services Center.
Additionally, a new maintenance shop and senior center are currently going up on block 3 and demolition of existing buildings is taking place on block 9. Once the debris is cleared, the hospital will begin its construction of a new clinic (with pharmacy), and helicopter pad. The new government building and parking lot will be located on block 9 next to the existing Ed Elliot Building, which will later be demolished.
Here is a very brief estimated timeline of the project:
– Committee of the Whole Meeting to discuss and review strategic planning for long and short term goals
– Acquisition of land
– Demolition of existing buildings (4 weeks)
– County shop and senior center building construction (4 months)
– Street and utility construction begins (16 weeks)
– Hospital construction to include maintenance shop, clinic with pharmacy, helicopter pad (12 months)
– Anticipated move in date for new maintenance shop and Shell Lake Senior Center
– Government center building construction begins (10 months)
– Project completion and anticipated move in date for new government center building
Click HERE to view pictures (updated throughout the project).
Click HERE to view most up to date progress video on YouTube.