Washburn County Services Center Building Project
Big changes are happening in Shell Lake this summer and fall! Plans are in the works to construct a new government building that will house the following departments: Health and Human Services, Unit on Aging/ADRC, UW-Extension, Veterans Service. This building will be called the Washburn County Services Center.
Additionally, a new maintenance shop and senior center are currently going up on block 3 and demolition of existing buildings is taking place on block 9. Once the debris is cleared, the hospital will begin its construction of a new clinic (with pharmacy), and helicopter pad. The new government building and parking lot will be located on block 9 next to the existing Ed Elliot Building, which will later be demolished.
Here is a very brief estimated timeline of the project:
– Committee of the Whole Meeting to discuss and review strategic planning for long and short term goals
– Acquisition of land
– Demolition of existing buildings (4 weeks)
– County shop and senior center building construction (4 months)
– Street and utility construction begins (16 weeks)
– Hospital construction to include maintenance shop, clinic with pharmacy, helicopter pad (12 months)
– Anticipated move in date for new maintenance shop and Shell Lake Senior Center
– Government center building construction begins (10 months)
– Project completion and anticipated move in date for new government center building
Click HERE to view pictures (updated throughout the project).