Government Center Building Project Updates
Big changes are happening in Shell Lake this summer and fall! Plans are in the works to construct a Government Center building that will house the following departments: Health and Human Services, Unit on Aging/ADRC, UW-Extension, Veterans Service
Additionally, a new maintenance shop and senior center are currently going up on block 3 and demolition of existing buildings is taking place on block 9. Once the debris is cleared, the hospital will begin its construction of a new clinic (with pharmacy), and helicopter pad. The new Government Center building and parking lot will be located on block 9 next to the existing Ed Elliot Building, which will later be demolished.
Here is a very brief estimated timeline of the project:
– Committee of the Whole Meeting to discuss and review strategic planning for long and short term goals
–Acquisition of land
–Demolition of existing buildings (4 weeks)
– County Shop and Senior Center building construction (4 months)
– Street and utility construction begins (16 weeks)
– Hospital construction to include maintenance shop, clinic with pharmacy, helicopter pad (12 months)
– Government Center building construction (10 months)
Click HERE to view pictures (updated throughout the project).