P.O. Box 250 - 110 Fourth Avenue
Shell Lake, WI 54871
|Office Hours:||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday|
Promoting a safe and healthy community
- We provide timely and accessible services
- We honor individual rights and differences
- We are committed to excellence
- We assess community needs
- We utilize well-trained and empathetic staff
- We maximize our resources
- We value teamwork and collaboration
Washburn County Health & Human Services Department provides a comprehensive array of services to over 3,000 customers in Washburn County each year.
The Department provides mental health, alcohol and other drug abuse, economic support, child support and social services to county residents. These services are either provided directly by staff or through contracts with service providers in the county and local Northwest region of the state.
The Department delivers services through four different program units that use a combination of services delivered directly or from an array of 70 community-based organizations. The four program units include Economic Support, Child Support, Human Services and Public Health.
For emergencies during evening hours and weekends please contact your local law enforcement agency.
In accordance with the Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, Write USDA Director of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or Call (800) 795-3272 (Voice) and (202) 720-6382 (TTY)
USDA and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers.
- Northern Bridges
- Department of Children and Families
- Department of Health Services
- Washburn County ADRC (pdf)
- Housing Rehabilitation Program (pdf)