Communicable Disease Control and Prevention
Our Goal: To prevent and control the spread of communicable diseases.
Surveillance: Early identification of cases in an effort to prevent further spread of a communicable disease.
- Information, testing and referral for diseases that can be spread through food, water, and from person to person.
- Water Test Kits – available at the Health Department for households with pregnant women and/or children under age 1 year. For all others, well water test kits are available at; UW Extension call 715-635-4444.
- Radon Test Kits - call 715-635-4400.
- TB skin testing – fee $20 call to schedule 715-635-4400.
Services Provided: Follow up with individuals diagnosed with a communicable disease to provide information, education and referral.
- Prevention of vaccine preventable diseases through immunization, including HPV
- Free and confidential testing and referral for sexually transmitted infections - See GYT
- Zika Virus: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
- Centers for Disease Control: http://www.cdc.gov/
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: http://dhs.wi.gov/
- Ebola: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
- Ebola: http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/communicable/diseasepages/ebola.htm
- West Nile Virus Surveillance: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/arboviral/westnilevirus.htm