This state shall treat crime victims, as defined by law, with fairness, dignity and respect for their privacy. This state shall ensure that crime victims have all of the following privileges and protections as provided by law:
- Timely disposition of the case;
- The opportunity to attend court proceedings unless the trial court finds sequestration is necessary to a fair trial for the defendant;
- Reasonable protection from the accused throughout the criminal justice process;
- Notification of court proceedings;
- The opportunity to confer with the prosecution;
- The opportunity to make a statement to the court at the disposition;
- Information about the outcome of the case and the release of the accused.
The legislature shall provide remedies for violation of this section. Nothing in this section, or in any statute enacted pursuant to this section, shall limit any right of the accused which may be provided by law.
If you are the victim of a crime or a delinquent act, and you need information about the case, please contact:
10 Fourth Avenue
Shell Lake WI 54871