Wisconsin residents apply for a marriage license in the County in which one or both parties reside. Non-residents apply in the County where the marriage will be performed.
To obtain a marriage license you will need the following information:
- Your Driver's License
- Your Birth Certificate
- Your Social Security Card
- If either party has been married before, they will need their Divorce Decree or Death Certificate from the previous marriage.
- We will need to know when and where you will be getting married and who the officiate will be.
- The current fee is $85.00 (cash or check).
- There is a 5-day waiting period after which time the license is valid for 30 days.
- Both parties must be present to sign the application.